Thursday 2 August 2018

Finding Myself Again ...

Despite the fact we have been sooo busy since my last post here, I have been surprised at just how much writing and researching I have been able to do.  It is so nice to be able to pick up a pen and just write, or switch on the laptop and just seek out writing opportunities, without having to worry about work, or why I feel so tired, or a  hundred and one other things.  And the ideas have been chasing me every minute of every day!  I've had some great ideas for at least one brand new book for 7 to 9 year-olds,  I did another talk for Croydon Writers a few weeks back.  I have written some more poems.  I even woke up the other week (rather annoyingly) with Jim Reeves singing a song in my head which didn't at that time exist!  It does now - or at least, the lyric does - but it was all rather strange.  I have never been a huge fan of Jim Reeves (although my mum was, bless her), yet there was this song playing round and round in my head like it was on repeat.  I wrote the first couple of lines on my way to the bus stop on my mobile phone notebook, and within half an hour every word of that song, and its tune (though I can't write music) had embedded itself into my memory.  Very odd.  Was Jim trying to reach me from beyond the grave?  Who knows?  All I know is that there is now another Jim Reeves song in the world, one which will prpbably never be heard by anyone else!  Did he even write his own songs? Absolutely no idea!

Anyway, Jim Reeves apart, I have enjoyed my summer.  Seen a lot of the grandchildren, been to lots of places, gone property hunting, spent some real quality time with my gorgeous Steve, turned 61 (unbelievable, I always thought I'd die young) in July, could finally have someone interested in re-inventing the Yucketypoo books (although that is still in its infancy, but I feel pretty optomistic this time) and just feel so much better in myself.  It is almost as if I had gotten lost and couldn't find me.  Well, I have found me now.  And it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment