Wednesday 15 July 2015

Finding My Way Back

Sorry to have neglected my blog for so long.  Since we lost Mum there's been a thousand and one things to do - arranging this, organising that, trips here there and everywhere to pick up medical certificates, death certificates, some document or other.  Thank goodness I come from such a close family because we have all helped each other limp along and as a result, the Celebration Of Her Life (rather than her funeral) went really well last week, on a sunny afternoon in Sussex, followed by a wake at my sister's place.  Now we all just have to get used to life without our mum.  I have said this so many times now it is almost like a mantra.

Still being me and being from the family I do, I am starting to find my way back.  I am not sure if I will ever really make it back fully.  But here I am blogging again.  I went back to the day job today.  I had a new idea for a story this afternoon.  I have cancelled my Writing Magazine and will try another. I had a good Young Writer session last Saturday (see addiscombeyoungwriters.blogspot.co.uk) and in a few weeks Steve and I are off to Jersey for ten days.  Life carries on.  It finds a way.  And I know these moments of complete desolation and hopelessness will come and go a lot.  But as I said to my sister Sharon earlier, one day, at some time in the not-too-distant future, we will all of us get to late afternoon and suddenly realise we haven't had such a moment all day.  Then we'll know we are really on the road to recovery.

In the meantime we'll just muddle through.

And eventually - my blogs will become interesting.  Hopefully ...

No comments:

Post a Comment