Wednesday 7 May 2014

Getting To Grips With The Technological Highway...

I am still trying to find my way round the electronic version of Spaghetti Junction!  I think I am getting better at Twitter now, I update the two blogs fairly regularly and I have just joined LinkedIn.  I know I still need an actual website but to be truthful I don't think I am quite ready yet.  I have had several attempts at setting them up.  They all say it's free, it's simple, it can be set up in just minutes.  Well maybe that's the case with my sixteen year old nephew but it isn't with me.  I struggle every time.  Even LinkedIn took me best part of ten minutes despite the fact it tells you it can be done in just a couple.  And now I am thinking of getting a kobo.  That's the really scary bit!  I signed up with a book review service recently.  I have been swamped with requests for reviews but most of them are only available as e-books.  I am trying to reply to each writer but I will have to stick to shorter stuff.  Not only do I have a full time job and a home to run, I also have a writing career to maintain.  I love to read but I am only human.  I am running out of hours in a day already! And I am still seeking an agent or publisher for My Writer AND I need to find a new home for Yucketypoo - as well as all my as-yet-unpublished-poems.  I'd need to be at least three of me in order to fit it all in!  And one is quite enough thank you! Ask anyone who knows me!  Ah well I shall just have to win the lottery.  At least that should buy me a few more hours as an active writer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment