Friday 27 November 2015

Blowing Kisses To The Moon ...

Did you see Wednesday night's full moon?  It was absolutely astonishing!  Huge and bright and looking down on us like some kindly old grandma watching over her charges.  I just could not take my eyes off it as I was walking home!  It filled my heart with a light and a hope that has been largely missing since my mum passed away.  It did not surprise me one bit - though Steve would think I was nuts - that, as I got to my front door, I instinctively turned round and blew that moon a great big kiss ...!

Spent two hours last night catching up on AYW admin.  Had three Blue Membership certificates to print off for new members - and at least eight assignments to read and comment on.  Children write the most amazing poetry you know.  One little girl's piece about fireworks nearly blew my socks off; her observations of the sight, sound - and even the smell - of Guy Fawks' Night could have been written by someone at least three times her age!  I guess that is why I run this group!  I just love nurturing that Creative spirit.

So have you got a busy weekend coming up? Steve & I are off to Twickers for a couple of rugby games tomorrow afternoon and on Sunday - hopefully finishing our Christmas shopping ... but we'll see.  I know what we are like ... or at least what Steve (shopoholic) is like!

No comments:

Post a Comment