Friday 13 November 2015

Long Time No Write ...

Where on earth have I been since my last post in October?  I had no idea I'd been gone so long ( I am writing very poetically today, don't you think?) and had quite a shock when I realised I hadn't been back in almost a month!

Well - as you have no doubt guessed by now - I am truly fine and dandy.  The tooth extraction is but a bad memory - or a good one depending which way you look at it, I suppose - and I just need to be thinking about booking myself in for those fillings.  And I will - eventually.  As it is, this is only my fourth day back at the day job since my midweek break in Scarborough and I am well-pleased with how it is going.  But even better!  I came back from Scarborough last Saturday evening with a brand new children's book dancing around my head!  At long last!  I was beginning to think it would never happen again!

So what has been going on?  Well ...I have been busy thinking up new exercise sheets for my young writers and I am so happy with the way things are going!  I am horribly behind on the admin for it but I will catch up sooner or later!  I have been writing quite a lot of poetry of late - mainly haiku and senryu.  Here are a couple:

little bit of love
warms the cockles of your heart
then kisses your soul

veteran soldier
living on the streets after
all you've done - shameful

the poppy petal
memories in scarlet that
say we won't forget

Do you like haiku?  They are, I think, one of the most exquisite forms of poetry ever.  Some of the real old Masters can say more in a 17 syllable haiku than some writers ever get to say in a million words!    Quite, quite profound!

As for new book - well - let's just say the prologue is done ...

No comments:

Post a Comment