Wednesday 15 May 2013

Back Again

Well there you go - a list of published work as promised.  I hope it goes some way to telling you a bit more about my writing history.  You can always skip it if you want, I won't be offended. 

Thought I would add a quick post tonight to go with the list just to say hi and keep my toe in the door.  I hope you have had a busy and productive week.  I am still awaiting the final decision on the new draft of The Article - I sent a quick email to the editor today, so fingers crossed.  I will keep you in the picture.

Had a good session with the Young Writers on Sunday.  We are just finishing a thorough dissection of The Short Story by looking at story types.  We will go back to poetry next session.  I gave out a whole bunch of Certificates of Achievement.  It warms my heart to see the pride on their faces when they receive these - and so they should feel proud, they work really hard at developing their craft and they deserve all the accolaides they can get!

I am still umming and ahhing about The Book. Keep agent hunting? Self-Publish?  Kindle it?  All I know is that it is worthy of publication somehow or other and by George it will get there by wriitng hook or publishing crook.  I have written some absolute tosh in my time.  One of the worst things I ever had published was a children's poem that appeared in an anthology.  I won't tell you which one but suffice it to say it is the only piece of my work I have ever disliked - especially when it did get published.  It was complete drivel.  I don't know how it got to that point!  I also have loads of unpublished tosh.  Editors aren't the only ones with a slush pile, believe me.  But by the same token I pratically do always know when I have produced something good - one of my best poems ever ever ever won an award in a competition, and my favourite haiku ever was published in a magazine.  That is why I know The Book is worthy of all the effort I can put into it.  Just like I knew with Yucketypoo (ooh look - I'm a poet and I don't know it)!

I cannot keep procrastinating over this book.  I have got to get something done - not least because (big drum-roll) - I have now started a new book.

Will I never learn ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment